Welcome photographers and families interested in setting up photo sessions with photographers. We are so happy and honored that you have chosen our family farm as a venue for your memories. (Please Note that timeslots for photo sessions during Nov and Dec 2021 will be opened in mid-September. Those photographers that are registered in our booking tool will get an email once Nov and Dec timeslots are open)
In order to set up a photo session, you will need to complete the following:
1. Read, Sign, and Date the JLCTF Liability Waiver and Release 2021 in downloads section below. Please note that you and your clients will not be able to visit the property for the photo session until this waiver is completed.
2. Once you have completed the liability waiver, please email it to diana.
This waiver will be kept on file and will be considered current until/if the liability waiver is updated, requiring you to read, sign and date the new information. You will only need to sign the waiver once, not repeated with each photo session booked. Please keep a copy of this liability waiver for your records to serve as reference that you have completed it for the next time you would like to book a photo session.
3. Book your session(s)! Please use our on-line booking tool, Setmore, BOOK PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION(S) HERE
4. Photography sessions are in 4-hour blocks. Only a 4-hour block may be booked, not any partial time blocks are allowed. The last appointment time you will see in the booking tool is 3pm, that is because we close at 7pm, so 4 hours prior to 7pm is 3pm, i.e. your 3pm appointment is from 3pm-7pm. You may book 2 sessions in one day. Each 4-hour block will be $50. You will be asked to complete a payment via Square on the booking tool in order to confirm your photo session.
Hours for spring and summer 2021 photography are now available from 8am - 7pm on select days only *Please note there may be other photographers on the farm at the same time. NOTE There is a maximum of 4 photographers that can book during the same 4-hour block.
5. When you and your clients arrive at the farm:
- Please follow posted signs and directions from the farm staff and owners.
- Park in the main parking lot, the one next to the red barn – Christmas Shop. Please note during the summer and early fall there may be construction and building materials in the parking areas. Please do not park near these materials or allow children to play near these areas.
- Cars are NOT allowed in the fields, please do not attempt to drive on greenways.
- Please make sure you and your clients are able to walk a ¼ to ½ mile to find the perfect photo site.
- We recommend shoes appropriate for walking in grassy and sometimes muddy fields.
6. Please respect our property by not pulling or climbing on Christmas trees, stepping on our baby trees, stepping in our flower beds or pulling on flowers. Also please do not climb or sit on fences or farm equipment.
7. The main house, Christmas Shop and Pavilion (when closed), and Barns are not open to the public so we ask that you please not enter these areas.
8. As stated, other photographers may be at the farm and we request that you respect each other and the property.
9. Pets are welcome if on a leash and well trained. Please note that pets are not allowed near the flower patch.
10. Your welcome to bring/use "props" for your photo shoots. Please be considerate when you are here on days we are open for business since customers or other photographers may be in close proximity.
Remember, this is a working farm and that comes with inherent risks of injury due to uneven ground, fire ants and other insects, and misuse of equipment. Please be careful and do not leave children unattended.
Lastly, we love seeing the beautiful pictures of all the families and are happy to post your pictures on the photos & media page on our website. If you would like us to add any photos, please send them via email to diana and tag us on Facebook at Jordan Lake Christmas Tree Farm.
If you have any questions, please email us here.
Thank you for following the steps above in order to make your and your clients' visit as joyful as possible.
Byron and Diana May, owners
Please note that our farm will be doing all we can to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19. By visiting the Jordan Lake Christmas Tree Farm you and your clients voluntarily assume all risks to exposure to COVID-19.
Do not come to the farm if:
- You or your clients have likely been exposed to COVID-19 or
- You or your clients have a temperature above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or
- Your or your clients are exhibiting flu-like symptoms
A person who has been likely exposed to COVID-19 is defined as:
-Has traveled overseas within the previous 14 days
- Has been directed to quarantine, isolate or self-monitor
- Has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- Resides with or has been in close contact with any person in the aforementioned categories